Hello, October!
I can't believe it has been a year since I last posted here. Somehow, time just slipped away from me.
The latter part of 2025 was a bit rough for me health-wise. I was on and off with bronchitis, and I even welcomed the New Year with it. If I remember correctly, I wasn’t feeling well for about three or four months.
As for April through July, I’m pretty sure most of my days were filled with work, family matters, and the never-ending household chores! Life just went on, the days passed by, and before I knew it, summer was already here.
Then came August. That was when the wildfires around Spokane started affecting the air quality—and unfortunately, my health as well. There were days when the air quality ranged from unhealthy for sensitive groups to unhealthy, and at times, even hazardous. The smoke seemed to linger everywhere, and it really took a toll on me. I was coughing and having trouble breathing, and eventually I found out that I have underlying asthma. Suddenly, it made sense why the smoke and poor air quality were affecting me so much.
It was also a scary time because some of the evacuation zones were not too far from us. We kept a close eye on the fire updates, just in case we needed to prepare to leave. Thankfully, we never had to, but knowing the fires were that close made everything feel much more real.
At the same time, I couldn’t help but feel for the people who were affected by the wildfires in much more devastating ways. My heart went out to those who lost their homes, were forced to leave their communities, or even lost loved ones because of the fires. What I was going through health-wise seemed small compared to what so many families had to endure. It was heartbreaking to see how quickly a wildfire could change someone’s life.
Then came September, and that was an especially difficult month for our family. My dad was admitted to the hospital, and thankfully, he recovered enough to be sent home. Sadly, not long after, he passed away. It was a month filled with worry, hope, sadness, and eventually, grief. Losing a parent is something you can never really prepare yourself for, no matter how much you know that someday the time will come.
It was also during this difficult time that we were reminded of how fortunate we are to have such caring people around us—our family, friends, and colleagues. Their love, prayers, kind words, messages, and support meant so much to us and helped us through some of the hardest days. Sometimes, it is during the most difficult moments that you realize just how many people care and are there for you.
As I welcome October, I wish for good health for my family and friends, especially for our mom. I wish for peaceful days, strength when we need it, and more time with the people we love. I hope October brings a little healing after a difficult September and reminds us to find joy in the simple, everyday moments.
I’m looking forward to brighter days, more laughter, time spent with family and friends, and all those little moments that make life special. There is always something to be thankful for and something to look forward to.
Here’s to a beautiful October filled with good health, love, laughter, and happy memories. And hopefully, I’ll find myself back here writing again soon.
Happy October, everyone!
.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment